Vendor Information & Application
January Residency in The Gallery - Now Accepting Handmade Artisans & Artists
Application for a January Residency in The Gallery at SPLAT
[Sunday, January 1st - Saturday, January 28th]
Please read details and FAQs on the right before applying.
- PLEASE READ -
Month of January 2017
Regular Gallery Hours:
Tues. 10:00-2:00pm and 6:00-9:00pm
*The gallery will be open beyond these hours by chance or during special events!*
On Saturday, January 28th from 10am-6pm SPLAT will hold it's Artisan Market and Student Art Show. Because you're a resident vendor, the show's booth fee of $15 will be waived! We recommend that you attend this event to run your booth.
SPLAT Art Studio & Gallery
3090 Main St. Caledonia, NY
- Handmade Vendors
$30 - Indoor 4x5ft Space
*Because we're getting started late in January, your fee will be prorated: $20*
$50 - Indoor 6x5ft Space
*Because we're getting started late in January, your fee will be prorated: $30*
Provide your own table or display unit. Your display must be contained to your allotted space. Almost all spaces are against a wall. Tacks or wire nails permitted in most cases, please inquire.
On Saturday, January 28th from 10am-6pm SPLAT will hold it's Artisan Market and Student Art Show. Because you're a resident vendor, the show's booth fee of $15 will be waived!
Applications are screened and accepted progressively until all spaces are filled. Limited availability within categories to ensure a variety of unique vendors.
Please allow up to three days for an email indicating acceptance or rejection.
Once accepted, an invoice will be emailed to you. Payment accepted through the invoice by Credit/Debit or PayPal.
You can also pay by cash or check to 'SPLAT'
Drop off during regular hours or mail to:
3090 Main St. Caledonia, NY 14423
Payment not received by the invoice due date will result in loss of space.
Once payment is received, your business will be advertised. We will share information with potential customers, pictures of your product, and links to your business.
- Set up your space as soon as possible.
- Tear-down by Jan. 31st (unless you're going to stay for February -- more info to follow).
- Everything must be clearly priced with tax included. Gallery cashiers will collect the amount listed and not calculate tax.
- You're NOT required to work. You're always welcome to be in your space to sell/work during gallery hours.
- Spread the word!
- SPLAT is an art studio that currently provides several fine arts and performing arts classes throughout the week. Classes are well-attended and parents will walk through or wait in the gallery during their child's class. Students come from the surrounding areas and travel as far as 40 minutes for weekly classes. We also have Uncorked Nights for adults and host several parties per month.
- Where does your fee go? To sustain such a large building, a portion of the gallery fees will go towards utilities. Some portion of the fee will also go towards advertising in different forms. Plus, because you're a resident vendor, your $15 booth fee for the Artisan Market & Student Art Show will be waived.
- I'm open to artisans sharing a space.
- No minimum product requirement. Do what works for you in your space. Stop in anytime to take products off display, introduce new products, etc.
- A small unadvertised trial of vendors in the gallery was well received in December.
- Caledonia's Main Street area is bringing in several new businesses in the coming months.
- Previous to SPLAT, this building was the Gigglin' Pig and there are a handful of people every day who walk in looking for giftware and such, not knowing the store has relocated.